LETTER TO EDITOR
Inadvertent insertion of nasogastric tube into the trachea of a conscious patient
Uma Srivastava, Archana Agarwal, Sweta
Citation Information :
Srivastava U, Agarwal A, S. Inadvertent insertion of nasogastric tube into the trachea of a conscious patient. Indian J Crit Care Med 2012; 16 (2):116-117.
CC BY-ND 3.0
Copyright © 2012; Jaypee Brothers Medical Publishers (P) Ltd.
- Enhancing patient safety during feeding-tube insertion. a review of more than 2000 insertions. JPEN J Parenter Enteral Nutr 2006;30:440-5.
- A prospective study of tracheopulmonary complications associated with the placement of narrow-bore enteral feeding tubes. Crit Care 1998;2:25-8.
- Complications related to feeding tube placement. Curr Opin Gastroenterol 2007;23:178-82.
- Accidental pneumothorax from a nasogastric tube. N Engl J Med 1996;335:1325.
- Inadvertent insertion of a nasogastric tube into both main bronchi of an awake patient: a case report. Cases J 2009;2:6914.