LETTER TO EDITOR
Dealing with the neglected public health issue of drowning in low-resource settings
Saurabh Ram Bihari Lal Shrivastava, Prateek Saurabh Shrivastava, Jegadeesh Ramasamy
Citation Information :
Shrivastava SR, Shrivastava PS, Ramasamy J. Dealing with the neglected public health issue of drowning in low-resource settings. Indian J Crit Care Med 2016; 20 (7):433-434.
CC BY-ND 3.0
Copyright © 2016; Jaypee Brothers Medical Publishers (P) Ltd.
- World Health Organization. Drowning - Fact Sheet No. 347; 2014. Available from: http://www.who.int/mediacentre/factsheets/fs347/en/. [Last accessed on 2016 May 27].
- World Health Organization. Global Report on Drowning: Preventing a Leading Killer. Geneva: World Health Organization Press; 2014. p. 1-13.
- Shaikh MA. Epidemiology of drowning and near drowning at Karachi beaches from 2012 to 2014. J Pak Med Assoc 2016;66:602-5.
- Hossain M, Mani KK, Sidik SM, Hayati KS, Rahman AK. Socio-demographic, environmental and caring risk factors for childhood drowning deaths in Bangladesh. BMC Pediatr 2015;15:114.
- Mott TF, Latimer KM. Prevention and treatment of drowning. Am Fam Physician 2016;93:576-82.