LETTER TO EDITOR
Acute kidney injury in wasp sting-do early bicarbonate and mannitol make a difference?
Florence Benita, Chidambaram Ananth
Citation Information :
Benita F, Ananth C. Acute kidney injury in wasp sting-do early bicarbonate and mannitol make a difference?. Indian J Crit Care Med 2014; 18 (10):701-702.
CC BY-ND 3.0
Copyright © 2014; Jaypee Brothers Medical Publishers (P) Ltd.
- Radhakrishnan H. Acute kidney injury and rhabdomyolysis due to multiple wasp stings. Indian J Crit Care Med 2014;18:470-2.
- Thiruventhiran T, Goh BL, Leong CL, Cheah PL, Looi LM, Tan SY. Acute renal failure following multiple wasp stings. Nephrol Dial Transplant 1999;14:214-7.
- Knottenbelt JD. Traumatic rhabdomyolysis from severe beating - experience of volume diuresis in 200 patients. J Trauma 1994;37:214-9.
- Ho AM, Karmakar MK, Contardi LH, Ng SS, Hewson JR. Excessive use of normal saline in managing traumatized patients in shock: A preventable contributor to acidosis. J Trauma 2001;51:173-7.
- Bragadottir G, Redfors B, Ricksten SE. Mannitol increases renal blood flow and maintains filtration fraction and oxygenation in postoperative acute kidney injury: A prospective interventional study. Crit Care 2012;16:R159.