Critical care of elderly in India: Coming of age?
Citation Information :
Critical care of elderly in India: Coming of age?. Indian J Crit Care Med 2014; 18 (12):771-772.
CC BY-ND 3.0
Copyright © 2014; The Author(s).
- Life expectancy data by country. Manila: World Health Organization; 2012.
- Government of India. Ministry of Health and Family Welfare; December, 2011.
- Do Intensive Care Units treatment modalities predict mortality in geriatric patients: An observational study from an Indian Intensive Care Units. Ind J Crit Care Med. Int 2014:789-95.
- Determinants of outcome in elderly patients admitted to the intensive care unit. Age Ageing 2005;34:157-62.
- Age and the risk of in-hospital death: Insights from a multihospital study of intensive care patients. J Am Geriatr Soc 2002;50:1205-12.
- Factors that predict outcome of intensive care treatment in very elderly patients: A review. Crit Care 2005;9:R307-14.
- Should elderly patients be admitted to the intensive care unit? Intensive Care Med 2007;33:1252-62.
- Outcome of critically ill oldest-old patients (aged 90 and older) admitted to the intensive care unit. J Am Geriatr Soc 2006;54:110-4.
- Clinical practices and outcomes in elderly hemodialysis patients: Results from the Dialysis Outcomes and Practice Patterns Study (DOPPS). Clin J Am Soc Nephrol 2011;6:1651-62.
- Causes and prognosis of acute renal failure in elderly patients. Rev Assoc Med Bras 2000;46:212-7.
- Outcome of mechanically ventilated patients who require a tracheostomy. Crit Care Med 2005;33:290-8.
- Long-term outcome in medical patients aged 80 or over following admission to an intensive care unit. Crit Care 2011;15:R36.