SEARCH WITHIN CONTENT
VOLUME 13 , ISSUE 3 ( September, 2009 ) > List of Articles
Rahul Gupta, Sandeep Puri, Shruti Sharma, Barinder S. Paul, Shuchita Garg
Keywords : Carbon monoxide, carboxyhemoglobin, gas geyser, liquefied petroleum gas, magnetic resonance imaging
Citation Information : Gupta R, Puri S, Sharma S, Paul BS, Garg S. Accidental carbon monoxide poisoning in our homes. Indian J Crit Care Med 2009; 13 (3):169-170.
License: CC BY-ND 3.0
Published Online: 01-09-2009
Copyright Statement: Copyright © 2009; The Author(s).
Carbon monoxide (CO) is a colorless, odorless, tasteless, nonirritating, but significantly toxic gas. It is a product of combustion of organic matter in presence of insufficient oxygen supply. Symptoms of mild poisoning include headaches, vertigo and flu like effects, whereas larger exposures can lead to significant toxicity of the central nervous system (CNS), heart, and even death. We are reporting two cases that presented to us in the winter months of December to January with history, sign, symptoms, and radiological evidence of suspected CO poisoning.
© Jaypee Brothers Medical Publishers (P) LTD.